Saturday, February 2, 2008

Inspiration of the Month!

Michael Cutlip's work makes my insides go all dizzy when I see it. I love his use of erratic order, color and fantastic imagery.



What are your main inspirations in art?
The process is everything for me....each move inspires the next.

What is your art background? (education, experience, etc)
I have a BA in Fine Art... i have been showing professionally pretty much since i graduated.

What is your process for creating your work?
I just start putting on the paint and see where it takes me.

What is the single most important thing you want to communicate with your work?
A worthwhile visual experience.



What are your career goals?
To keep making the paintings I want to make. The day I start painting for everyone else, is the day I quit! At least the day I quit selling the work.

What one object has been the most instrumental in helping you achieve what you have so far?
An amazing teacher in college who inspired the hell out of me!

Tell me three random things about you.
1) I have beautiful wife and daughter who give me a reason to wake up each day.
2) I'm also a dog walker! My canine friends are a true inspiration!
3) I like to simply sit and watch...if you void out all of the clutter in this world..it can be quite beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...