Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stamp paintings



Im happily in the process of making my stamp paintings! You can see the stamps I made, in the back there - two birds, pussy willows, and a grass blade. I even carve them so that I can use both sides.

These paintings already have 4 or 5 background layers done, and most have 6 or 7 layers of stamping done as well.



I actually paint directly on my stamp with acrylics. I try to get that perfect balance of "not too much" and "not too little" paint. :)



Then push down on the canvas, making sure all the edges and middle parts get solid contact. I'll stamp over with several other colors, until I get it just right.



Once the right mix is achieved, we have a completed painting ready for etsy!! (will throw it up there tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...