Monday, May 16, 2011

Studio time



I wanted to share with you how I organize my paint tubes. I got cheap little crates from the dollar store and turned them on their side so that all my tubes would face out. Because they are tubes, they taper, and I haven't found them to work so well standing up.

I also painted the tops so I could easily see which color to grab as I'm painting, which is awesome in more ways than I can describe. Being such a visual person, it really helps to be able to see what I want as I'm mixing colors without really having to think about it.

How do you organize your colors?

3 comments:

  1. this looks so awesome! my organization is much less organized. usually i arrange them flat on the table where I'm working. i really love the idea of painting the caps! so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the idea of organizing but alas that's just not something i've been able to do in my art life. your scheme looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anika and Sukey - I think my ability to organize extends to one area at a time. Without fail, if my art space is neat... the rest of my house isn't. ;) Likewise, if my home is neat, my art space is chaos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...