Monday, April 21, 2008

Artists Against Aids

Well, we successfully dropped off 7 paintings tonight for the Artist Against AIDs show, to be held later on this week!



I wanted to bring more, but I didn't have enough of them ready and framed. Ah well, there's always next year! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sale, because there are a number of things I'd love to invest in for my new studio setup.



The old and eccentric building the show had been held in previous years was torn down to make space for new condos. So the venue has moved to the old 1914 Orpheum Theatre, which is the current home to the children's science museum in the front lobby and mezzanine. The auditorium hasn't yet been renovated, and its going to house this years AAA show.

I'm glad they found a new setting that was a quirky and full of charm as the old one. (which was an old old bank)



Its a terrific cause and one I'm proud to be a part of. 50% of all proceeds go to The Greater Community AIDS Project (GCAP), a local non-profit agency providing support services for those affected by HIV/AIDS in our own backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...