Saturday, April 5, 2008

Portraits



Stella in Violet
8 x 10 inches
Acrylic on canvas panel

This portrait shows a woman of purpose and strength - shes almost regal in her stature so it seemed befitting to paint her in a royal shade of purple.

Available on Etsy

I was so inspired by an Etsy front page the other day, that had just painted portraits - they were all so stunning. I then realized that I've been holding off on finishing my own self portrait... largely because I am afraid of ruining it, after having been away from it for so long.

I'm determined to change that! I want to relearn all of the good things I know, and pick up some new observations to bring to my own portrait. This portrait already reminded me of so many of my pitfalls - it was a terrific exercise that way.

So I'm putting out the call! I'd love volunteers for models. If you have a jpg of you or a family member that you're willing to let me practice with, just comment. I'd love to immortalize you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...