Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Link of the day!

Cool stuff today from the blogosphere!



The Anonnymous Photo Project

"The Anonymous Photo Project is a playful project in which camera packages are left in public places. People find the packages, take pictures, and return the cameras to the Project. Then we post them"

I just LOVE this idea, and wish I could duplicate it!! What a thrill it must be to receive a full camera, with all the promise it holds inside. Its like an everyday piece of wonder.



THINGS FOR SALE THAT I WILL MAIL YOU:

"If you give me $30 I will walk around New York, and the first homeless person I see I will buy him or her whatever he or she wants to eat (as long as it is less than $30). I will mail you back the exact change (minus the paypal fee and the cost of the postage stamp) with the receipt for the food and the name of the person who ate it.

* Kris Efland bought a really big Kentucky Fried Chicken meal and an orange drink from Nedick's for Regional Keith on W 33rd and Broadway on February 24, 2008.
* Joie Mikitson bought a bunch of groceries from Park Avenue Food Court for Francis on E 10th and 4th Ave on February 25, 2008.
* Bart Schouten bought a pizza full of every topping except anchovies from Johns' of Bleeker Street for Marvin who was in the Houston train stop for the 1 on February 28, 2008."

This whole project feels like a living poem to me. You can buy a minute of him thinking of nothing but you, an empty envelope he will mail you, an apology letter to someone he wronged - both you and the wronged individual will get a letter, and so much more!

I particularly love the po box, where he will send sporadic notes and quirky mail to the po box in NYC. (Id just have to find someone who could collect everything for me in NYC) Id also love love love to fund a semester of his grad school - where I'd get all the art he makes that semester.

The whole project is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...