Thursday, April 21, 2011

Art for 99 cents!



Emerald Dragon
11.5" long x 4.5" wide x 5" tall
Polymer clay with acrylic paint


This creature of legend shimmers with metallic jewel tones, like the treasure he undoubtedly guards. Bring him into your home to watch over your bounty.

He is handmade using a wire armature, covered with foil, and then molded with polymer clay. I added texture, several layers of paint, and then a final varnish so that it gleams. Its lightweight, weighing 6.5 ounces - but is baked hard and sits stably on a flat surface.

Buy it here on Ebay - starting at 99 cents!

I'm participating in Nibblefest again! Every month, on the 20th, all the participants list their work - according to the chosen theme. (this month was Dragon)

If you ever wanted something from me, for a song, this is your chance!





This is my first time working with polymer clay, and I'm really rather pleased with the results. I know there is room for refinement, but as a first stab at it - I think he came out splendidly. I am mulling over using clay to start making art dolls again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...