Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dropped off my paintings



I bundled up all my paintings and prints, with paperwork in hand, and dropped them off at Artists Against AIDs' new location. I was directed to a table with a volunteer, and she went through my inventory and matched them up with the items on my forms. It was really streamlined, and I was in and out in a handful of minutes. Gotta love a well organized process!

Then a separate volunteer arrived and whisked the artwork off to be sorted into batches, and hung later. You can see the art stacked up on the walls behind the table there. They get thousands of submissions, and rotate work in as stuff sells. Its an amazingly well oiled machine and means that you can go to the show multiple times and see completely different work!

I put up individual photos of my bird paintings on my Flickr account, if you want to see them in more detail.

Now I'll be working my tail off to get this month's Nibblefest entry done in time! After that, I can breathe a little more freely once again. I look forward to being able to work on my larger Dreams painting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...