Monday, April 4, 2011

Artists Against Aids



I'm already behind the curve ball with these little paintings. My mom stayed with us for her post surgery recovery, and taking care of her became my number one priority. I'm happy to say that shes healing really well, and is back home today. I took her to her first post-op appointment, and the doctor said glowing things about her progress. Yay!

So now I have to meet the deadlines that have piled up in the interim. Gack! One of those is our local Artists Against Aids show. I love to participate in this wonderful cause. Its an issue near and dear to my heart and I feel lucky to have a way to lend my talents for Aids research.

I want to have 6 new little bird paintings in addition to some of my older work. This is the beginnings of them, and I have to really put my nose to the grindstone to get them all done in time! Fingers crossed!

5 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Love you art. Good luck getting these done in time, they are already lovely!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are here Esther! Thank you for the encouragement - I really need it. I have so many projects that I'm juggling right now, and I don't want to miss out on any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait to see the finished paintings!

    Have a creative week :-)

    Hugs, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news for your Mom! Now, hurry up and finish these paintings...they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gaby and New End Studio! I promise to work on them this week. :D Hopefully will have new WIP pics soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...