Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Link of the day - Chris Sauter

Chris Sauter from Mark & Angela Walley on Vimeo.


I skipped across this feature of Chris Sauter's work and was entranced. I so empathize about the pain he goes through during creation! Sometimes its only the promise of the result that keeps me going.

His juxtapositions are also sublime - the patterns of our universe from the tiny to the expansive being made of the same stuff, the literal framework of our world. I love it!

This feature was gorgeously created by filmmakers Mark & Angela Walley. Be sure to check out the rest of the art films on their channel, sooo worth watching.

4 comments:

  1. Really cool art installations. She just didn't want to let go of that piece.

    I just wanted to say Hi, I found your blog on Etsy and I'm following. I'm at http://repurposehistory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine if she dropped it after all of that work!

    Hi! :) So glad to have you here. I've got your blog in my feed reader, and I'm following you on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this was amazing... I found this, because my name is Chris Sauter too.. we're both artists!! though i'm on the musical end... What an excellent video though.. I felt very connected to it.. i'm sure the name enhanced it a little.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! There is an instant kinship with folk that share our name. I found someone on FB with my exact name too, and added her even though we'd never met. ;)

    I hope your album is a huge success!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...