Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Link of the day - Mark Ryden in time lapse


I have always felt that you can learn *so much* from watching people create their art. There is nothing I'd like to do more than travel the country and just sit in peoples studios and watch them work. I just know I would be a better artist as a result!

Thank goodness for youtube and time lapse video. Here we get to peek in on Mark Ryden at work, creating a large and luscious painting from his 2010 series The Gay 90'S: Old Tyme Art Show.

I don't know about you, but seeing masters at work like this makes painting seem achievable. I can't wait to reach that level of ability.

2 comments:

  1. Being an illustrator myself, it was fun to watch. Thanks for posting.

    http://chris-wrinn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching others work is so revealing, isn't it? Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...