Saturday, March 12, 2011

Of Palettes and Public Art


Renoir's palette


I have really been enjoying the palette meme that has been traveling the interwebs! This time I'm sharing an article from the Telegraph about the virtues of preserving the palettes of old masters. They show the palettes of Renior, Seurat, Degas, Van Gogh and more!



Oh my gosh - Aaron Zenz and his kids are the cutest family ever! After watching Exit Through the Gift Shop, they decided to participate in their own public art show.

Zenz and his 4 amazing children painted 48 rocks and deposited them throughout their community. He took the most delithgful photos of the pet rocks in their new habitats. You really must go see them!

This has me thinking. I've got to think up something to art bomb my city with. Any suggestions?!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, I especially like the photos of the little rocks throughout the town, very cute...whatever you decide to do for your surprise artbombing, will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that a terrific project? I'm still ferreting around for something just as cool to do in my area - but no solid ideas so far.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...